If you were convicted of a DUI in a different state, then you have a couple of options moving forward. You could contact an Ignition Interlock Device company in the state of your DUI conviction, or you could contact the Department of Motor Vehicles in the state of your DUI conviction and request that they forward your DUI information to the State of California DMV. In some very rare cases, the state in which you received the DUI conviction could issue you a form that could relieve you of your obligation for an ignition interlock device.